Visitor Fact Sheet Our Lady of Consolation Nursing & Rehabilitative Care Center
Guidelines for Visitation as Per NYS Department of Health
As per the recent Health Advisory: Skilled Nursing Facility Visitation issued from the New York State Department, the following shall be implemented and must be adhered to during the COVID-19 State Public Health Emergency.
- Visitation will only be permitted by appointment, in designated areas inside the facility, during specified visitation hours at this time. The number of visitors, at any given time, may not exceed 10% of the facility’s current census.
- To arrange for a visit, please have the designated representative for the resident call the Recreation Department (Ext 6626)
- Visitation Hours:
- 10:00am-12 noon (M-F) for 30 minute increments
- 2:00pm-4:00pm (M-F) for 30 minute increments
- All visitors must present a negative COVID-19 test that was obtained within the 7 days prior to each visit.
- All visitors must wear an appropriate facemask or facial covering at all times when on facility premises. Families are encouraged to arrive with their own facemask. The resident you are visiting will also be required to wear a facemask or facial covering.
- Social distancing (6 feet) must be maintained at all times during your visit. No physical contact will be permitted at any time (no hugging, kissing, holding hands, etc.)
- Please sanitize your hands with facility provided hand sanitizer before your visit begins and upon conclusion of your visit.
- The NYS Department of Health requires we obtain specific information for tracing and contact purposes and perform a COVID-19 screen prior to your visit. If you do not pass the screening questionnaire, you will not be permitted to visit. Information required:
- First and Last name of each visitor
- Physical (street) address of the visitor
- Daytime and evening telephone number
- Date and time of visit
- Email address, if available
- Screening process (questionnaire and temperature)
- Documentation of negative COVID-19 test within the 7 days prior to the visit.
- Residents who are positive for COVID-19, have COVID-19 symptoms, and residents on a 14-day quarantine or observation period will not be permitted visitation
- Staff will be monitoring the visitation area during your visit to ensure compliance with guidelines. Any person who fails to adhere to the protocol will be asked to leave and will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 State Declared Public Health Emergency.
- No food or beverages will be permitted during visitation at this time. No exchange of items will be permitted during visitation. If you need to drop off any items, they must be dropped off in the front vestibule of the facility and will be delivered to your loved one as per current protocol.
- Upon conclusion of your visit, the visitation area will be cleaned and disinfected with an EPA-approved disinfectant.
Note: Visitation may be suspended or paused for a period of 14 days should the facility have a new onset of COVID-19 cases identified among residents or staff. In the event the facility cannot meet the requirements cited by the NYS Department of Health, visitation may also be suspended or paused.