Visitor Fact Sheet Our Lady of Consolation Nursing & Rehabilitative Care Center
Guidelines for Visitation as Per NYS Department of Health
As per a recent health advisory regarding visitation for nursing homes from the New York State Department of Health, the following guidance must be adhered to during the COVID-19 State Public Health Emergency.
- At this time, visitation will only be permitted by appointment, during specified visitation hours and will be permitted in outside areas of the facility. No more than 10% of residents (up to a total of 34, depending on current census) may have a visitor at any given time, and visitors are limited to two per resident.
- To arrange for a visit, please have the designated representative for the resident call the Recreation Department. 631-587-1600 (Ext. 6626)
- Visitation Hours:
- 10:00am-Noon (Monday-Friday) for 30-minute increments
- 2:00pm-4:00pm (Monday-Friday) for 30-minute increments
- All visitors must wear an appropriate face mask or facial covering at all times when on facility premises. Visitors should arrive with their own face masks. A face mask will also be worn by the resident during the visit. The face mask must entirely cover the nose and mouth.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times (6 feet). Unfortunately, no physical contact is permitted at this time (ex: hugging, kissing, holding hands).
- Please disinfect your hands with facility-provided hand sanitizer before your visit begins and upon conclusion of your visit.
- The NYS Department of Health requires we obtain specific information for tracing and contact purposes and perform a COVID-19 screen prior to your visit. If you do not pass the screening questionnaire, you will not be permitted to visit. Information required:
- First and last name of each visitor
- Physical (street) address of the visitor
- Day and evening telephone number
- Date and time of visit
- Email address, if available
- Screening process (questionnaire and temperature)
- Staff will be monitoring the visitation area during your visit to ensure compliance with guidelines. Any person who fails to adhere to the protocol will be asked to leave and will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 State Declared Public Health Emergency
- No food or beverages will be permitted at this time. Exchange of personal items will not be permitted during your visit. If you have items to be delivered to your loved one, please bring items to the front vestibule and the items will be delivered for you as per current protocol.
- Upon conclusion of your visit, the visitation area will be cleaned and disinfected with an EPA-approved disinfectant.
- Visitation Hours:
Note: Visitation may be suspended or paused for a period of 28 days should the facility have a new onset of COVID-19 cases identified among residents or staff. In the event the facility cannot meet the requirements cited by the NYS Department of Health, visitation may also be suspended or paused.